Monday, June 6, 2011

Man it is hot!!!

  It has unseasonably hot here the last couple weeks.  Yes we do live in Florida, but our highs are usually upper 80s at this time.  The last couple weeks, it has been upper 90s and the last couple days has been 99-100 with a heat index of 105-110.  We really need a tropical depression to form and come over us to give us the rain the desperately need.

   We leave next Thursday to drive down to Miami to see my sister and nieces.  They will be down from NY for 6 weeks staying in their condo.  I am looking forward to seeing them.  We haven't seen them since last July.  I am not looking forward to the drive itself.  I plan on taking many videos and many snacks.  Hopefully he will sleep part of the way down.  There is a pack and play as well as a trundle bed so hopefully one of those will do for him to sleep on or in.

   Friday evening after picking him up from Mom's house, he seemed to go down hill.  He kept saying "Momma hot" so I took his temperature and it was 101.  I gave him some Advil and he wanted to go right to bed--no bath and no stories.  He slept all night and actually I had to go in and wake him up at 8:15 because we were going to Jax to see my aunt.  He felt a little warm and didn't really want to eat much for breakfast, but his temp was only a little over 99 so I gave him some Tylenol and we went on to Jax.  He was fine all day.  He played with her dogs and went swimming and ate a good lunch.  One the way home, he took a bit of a nap and when he woke up, again he said "momma hot".  When we got home, I took his temperature and it was 102.  He was extremely clingy and just kept crying "momma hot".  He layed on the couch and when I sat back down he just layed in my lap.  I got him pizza for dinner, but he didn't want to eat it.  I took him in his room about 7:00 and gave him some Advil and he wanted to go right to bed.  He slept all night but woke up at 6:15.  He was his happy little self all day and then when he woke up from him afternoon nap, his temperature was back up to about 100.  It just seems to be an afternoon illness!!  I gave him some Tylenol and he was after that with no more fever and he ate his dinner and was back to normal.  I guess his body is just fighting off something.  He woke up fine this morning and went to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts with Thumbnails