Monday, November 23, 2009

The latest





We went to Tallahassee this past weekend to "run some errands." I wanted to go to Sam's to get some food for Colton's party and I wanted to go to Party City to get his decorations. I could have ordered them online, but I thought I would get them while we there to save on shipping. Well the Party City was temporarily closed--I am not sure why. The sign said to make your purchases online--great! We did make it to Sam's and got the food. It wasn't even as crazy as I thought it was going to be.
Sunday we went to church and usually Colton falls asleep on the way home. He didn't because we were "talking" the entire way home. We played and then at noon I was feeding him his lunch. Well he didn't want what I was giving him and he was all fussy. I finally gave him some cheese toast and he was half falling asleep eating it. I needed to go to the barn, so I loaded him up and figured he would fall asleep on the way to Mom's house--he didn't. Once we got there I put him down in his crib and he fussed for about 10 minutes--which he usually never does, he usually goes right to sleep. He finally went to sleep so we left and Dad was there for when he woke up. His usual afternoon nap is about 2 hours so we figured we would be good for awhile out at the barn. 15 minutes after we got there, Dad called and said "He's up. What am I supposed to do with him?" I told him to take him out and let him swing since he LOVES swinging. When we got back, they were inside playing happily. I took him for a walk and then we went and got ice cream. It was his first time of really eating ice cream and he dove right in!!! I didn't let him have too much. He wasn't too fussy the rest of the day and he went right to sleep last night. I know he his getting more teeth, so he might be a little "off" from that.
I am glad this is a short work week--only three days. Although that just makes his party and his birthday get here faster. He is getting to be such a big boy. He walks a lot now, but is mode of getting there is still crawling. He can get there faster crawling still so that is what he does mainly. He can walk from one end of the house to the other and he does that a lot too. It is getting increasingly harder to get his picture because I usually ended up with the back of him or he is out of the frame completely. His favorite word is still "bird." Not too sure where that came from. He knows mama, dada and milk, but his favorite is still bird. When he sees the dogs--"bird", the cat is "bird", the trees are "bird", squirrels are "bird." We will all be so happy when he sees the dog and says"dog" instead of "bird"!!!



2 comments:

  1. That made me laugh, everything is a ball in my house:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a classic picture, with the teeth, LOL!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails