Monday, November 30, 2009

Back to Monday

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I remember Thanksgiving last year and waiting on the little man to get here. I was convinced he was going to come early--well he did come three days early I guess I was right!! This year was fun. We went to out to Steve's boss's house (also my SIL's family) where they were having a big celebration. We were eating dinner at Mom and Dad's so I ate lunch and fed Colton before we got there. They had a HUGE amount of food though. You know me though, I don't eat Thanksgiving food anyway. Colton had fun playing and wandering all over the place. They had a big porch swing and he would have stayed on there for hours. We watched them press sugar cane and make some cane syrup. Colton got to show off his "mad walking skills". He is so funny. When he wants to get up from a sit or from being down on the ground, he spreads his legs so far apart sometimes he can't get up. We then went to Mom and Dad's and ate dinner. Colton really liked the sweet potatoes and cranberry sauce. He ate some green beans and a roll too. He wasn't too into the turkey. It was smoked and think it was too salty for him.
Being off on Friday was great. I can't really remember what we did though!! I know Colton was thrown off his naps those couple days. He usually gets up at 6:30 during the week and we get ready to go to Grammy's. Well since I wasn't working, we could sleep in. He slept until 7:30 both mornings. His morning nap is usually at 8 or 8:30, but not when he doesn't even get up until 7:30. So that morning nap was screwy which of course messed up the afternoon nap as well. He did alright, but was definitely crabby by 5:00 or so.
Saturday night the town was having a celebration downtown and said Santa would be there so we ate early and went downtown. Well I should have known it was not going to be anything spectacular. Santa did arrive--late of course---and instead of sitting the gazebo, he just stood on the side of the road and there were cars coming. Colton toddled over and held onto a pole and saw Santa. He wasn't scared or him, but didn't really know what to make of him either. On Sunday after church, we went to the mall. There of course was a Santa there and I had his picture made there. It didn't so as well as I thought. He went right over to him and we got one good smile out of him before he started crying and wanted to get down.





All in all it was a great holiday. Next week we are SUPER busy. It all starts off with Christmas on the Square on Saturday, Colton's party on Sunday, his birthday Monday, Steve's doctor's appointment Tuesday, Colton's dr. appointment Wednesday and then Mom leaves Thursday for NY so I am off Thursday afternoon and all day Friday. I am going down to get Colton's passport on Friday and Saturday we are taking Maddie to have her picture made with Santa at the vet's office.

1 comment:

  1. His santa picture turned out soooo cute! You are so lucky he wasn't screaming. And you are lucky he will sleep in on the weekends :)

    I'm glad you had a nice holiday!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails