Friday, November 13, 2009

Crazy week

Since I had Wednesday off, it has screwed up my whole week. It was odd having a day in the middle off and now I think it is Tuesday instead of Friday!! Tomorrow is my nephew's 1st birthday party and in three weeks is Colton's 1st birthday party. I can't believe it has gone so fast!! I need to get my "party" supplies. It will be a small party--maybe 12 people or so. I want to keep it small and short so as not to overwhelm him. Next year we will do a little more, but this year he won't remember it anyway. With his birthday so close to Christmas, I want to make it special for him though. Never will we say this is for your birthday AND Christmas. I want to keep them separate so both will have special meaning.
I am still in the throws of Christmas shopping. The kids are easy, it is the adults that I am having a hard time with. If we need something, we usually go out and buy it ourselves. At this point, we really don't need anything, it is more of maybe something we want or might like to have. Colton will be crazy with the Christmas tree and the presents. I don't know how we are going to keep him from either pulling all the ornaments off the tree or pulling the tree over on himself. There is really no way to fence it off. He will want to rip all the paper off the presents under it as well. We have baby gates, but it will not be in a place where they will work. Oh the joys of having an active one-year-old at Christmas time!!!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what to do about the tree either. I have heard to use hooks screwed in the wall behind the tree and then use fishing wire to tie the tree to the wall. KWIM. I don't know if we will do that or not though.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails