Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Pageant and Gatorland

                                            Chilling before getting ready.
                                               His "interview" shirt


                                           View from the 28th floor
                                              Showing me the fish


                                                   Looking very dapper!!


                                              Me and the boy--he of course was looking at the fish
                                                  
Back at home with his trophies.  He was Top Five, best smile, prettiest eyes, best personality and most Photogenic.  There were 23 2-4yr olds is his division.  The boy that won was almost 5 and was a definite pro.  The little boy that was runner-up was last years winner and he also won the national pageant for that age group.  All in all he did well.  He was a little more shy in his "interview" because he wanted to walk across the stage and all he had to do was go up to the judges.  Sleeping didn't go as well as I had hoped for.  I took his pea pod and he was all excited to sleep in it until bedtime.  I put him down and he started crying.  I unzipped it and said "you need to lay down and go to sleep".  I went out on the balcony and 2 minutes later he was crying again.  I went in and layed him back down and said I was just right around the corner (we set him up in the bathroom alcove).  He layed down and slept until about 6 and then woke up and he got in bed with me and went back to sleep.  He NEVER has slept in the bed with us.  The next night, he won't even lay down in his pea pod, so I caved in and put him in my bed and went back outside for him to fall asleep.  We stayed out there until about 8:30 and when we came back in, he woke up and was tossing and turning.  I went and got his pea pod and put it between our beds and he went in and went to sleep.  He is such a good sleeper and I hate to screw that up.  Last night, he went to bed and then about 8:15 he was crying out for me and I went in there and picked up his pillow and said "up" and I said "no sweetie you have to sleep in your bed" and he layed back down and went back to sleep.  We are going to Miami in two weeks to see my sister and he will have to sleep in a pack-n-play in our room.  Hopefully he will sleep and not have to many issues or want to get in bed with me.

Given his current obsessions with "dinos" we had to make a stop at Gatorland.  We had Saturday afternoon free was we headed over for Colton to see the "dinos" and of course he loved it.
                                            Looking cool at Gatorland
                                               The famous Gatorland entrance
                                               Interesting resting place
                                                 At the splash park
                                                 This bird is brave
                                               He was wanting this hotdog
                                              Posing on the big "dino"
Look at those teeth

2 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend! The sleeping in a hotel thing is so hard. We have resorted to letting him fall asleep in bed with us, then moving him to whatever bed he will sleep in. We tried the PnP on the last trip and he was so big in it he couldn't move and not hit the walls, so I think we are retiring it for the next kiddo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend! Finishing in the Top 5 is great! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails