Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving wrap-up


  • Thursday we got to sleep in a little--I say a little because Colton still gets up about 7:00 even on days we can sleep in. We hung out the house for a while and then I went over to Mom's to take him on a bike ride. Went to the barn and then home for lunch and naptime. Once he got up, we all went back over to Mom and Dad's to eat. He was all excited and wanted food, until it was ready and time to eat--then he wanted no part of it. Typical for him--he rarely eats well at dinner time. On the way back home, we stopped at Wal-Mart so Steve could scope out when things were in preparation for Friday morning.

  • Friday I set the alarm to 4:00 so Steve could get up and get to Wal-Mart by 4:30. He was going to get a portable DVD player for me for Christmas. He also went to Beall's and Fred's to do some shopping. He got home about 7:30 and brought Colton and I breakfast. He said it was crazy packed in Wal-Mart, but he got what he went for. After breakfast, Colton and I got dressed and we all headed over to my parents so we could do some more shopping. Steve went with Dad and Mom, Colton and I set out on our own. I should add here that Colton is in the midst of potty training. He has been wearing underwear intermitingly all week up to this point, but usually not out in public. Well I had his portable potty in my bag so off we went. I ask him every 30 minutes or so if he has to go. Since he still doesn't really say anything, he either says uh-uh or no. I took him while in Beall's and we got out of the bathroom and caught back up with Grammy, he gave her a thumbs up!! He did really well staying dry all day. I put him in a pull-up for his naps because that seems to be the time that he poops and he still wears a diaper at night. Steve and Dad left on Friday afternoon to go down to Daytona for some big car show, so it was just me and my little guy that night.

  • Saturday was quite a busy day. I put Colton in a pull-up because we had such a crazy day planned I wasn't sure we could get to the potty as frequently as he needs. We started out shopping at the Carter's and Gap outlet in Lake Park and then we went to Wild Adventures. We took him potty at the store and then we got to the park. He went on the potty both times. After we got in the park, we started riding all the rides. His favorite was of course the roller coaster. He had to be 36" to ride it and he just made it. It is a pretty fast twisty, turny coaster for the kids. Of course we had to ride with him. The ride operator said "that little guy wants to ride this?" I said yep and off we went. He grinned and laughed the entire time and said "weeeeee." One little girl that was probably about 3 or 4 wet her pants she was so scared--not Colton. He kept saying "more" and we rode that ride probably 10 times total. He rode all the rides that he could and then Mom and I took turns riding and staying with him. Of course he got no nap. On the way home, he fell asleep about 20 minutes from home. He woke up when we got home and was of course cranky. He changed his mood when I told him we could get pizza for dinner. After dinner we went downtown for the lighting of the tree and to see Santa. Up until this point he has not liked Santa in the least!! When Santa came we kind of "stalked" him and Colton got used to seeing him and watch the other little kids talk to him and sit with him. Santa was sitting on a bench so i took Colton over there and told Colton I would give him a candy cane if he would sit with me and talk to Santa--which he did!! I was very proud of him. Santa led a walk downtown around to the different businesses and Colton was perfectly fine with him. Once we got home, he crashed in his bed!!

  • Sunday we went to church and then we went grocery shopping. At Wal-Mart, there was a Santa there to take pictures with and you got a free 5x7. I took him over there with the promise of another candy cane and he actually sat with Santa and had his picture done. So maybe his fear of Santa is waning.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the comment! I just wrote a post about potty training (AHHHHH)! Glad to hear you got a good Santa photo-- Hasn't happened for us yet. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails