Friday, November 12, 2010

Randonmess and 5?s Friday

First the randomness--
  • Had the day off yesterday. We didn't do too much. It was also Steve's birthday (and my dog, Taylor). We tried to go to Applebee's for lunch (free entree if you are a Veteran, which both Steve and my dad are). We got there a little later than we wanted to--about 12:15--and they were PACKED. The lady said the wait was 15 minutes so we put our name on the list. Ten minutes went and we went in asked how much longer--the "boys" were all getting restless and she said "about 15 more minutes or so." I decided that we should go somewhere else. Even if it was 15 minutes, by that time it was nearing 12:30 and then once we even got to order it would take forever to get our food and Colton was starving and I knew he would get real cranky being hungry and tired since it was nearing his nap time as well. So we went over to Sonny's instead and it was good.
  • I am in the process of planning Colton's 2nd birthday party. I already ordered the decorations--SpongeBob SquarePants-and I will send out the invitations when I get them. Problem is, where to have it. I really want to have it at the park. They have a covered picnic pavilion that is first come first serve or you can reserve it for $25. I was going to reserve it just in case. Only problem with that is that is not until December and I am worried it will be too cold. Yes, we live in FL and we are not talking snow or 20 degrees, but for here it might be chilly. My house is not big enough to accommodate that people inside to sit down and eat. So I thought maybe I would push in Mini out of the big garage and set it up in there. Again it is outside but I can run a heater in there and have at least three sides closed in. But what would the kids do at my house? I don't have Colton a swing set yet (that is a whole other situation) so there is really nothing for them to do except just run around the property. We have a bounce house that we are trying to fix. We has to stored in the garage and Steve put a bag of deer corn in there and attracted the mice and they chewed holes in the house. Hopefully we can patch it up because Colton REALLY likes to bounce.
  • We did a "head shot" photo shoot with Kim last Sunday. I can't wait to see the shots. At first, he was playing shy but then he livened up and was smiling and laughing. Kezia needed a new head shot for her clients to see so Kim came over and took probably 1000 shots. The hard part is deciding on which shot to use!! I trust her "photographic" eye much more than my own though.
  • We are headed to my nephew's 2nd birthday party tomorrow. Hopefully all will go well. Colton doesn't get to see his cousins very much even though they live in the same small town we do. Oh well, what can you do right? He has his Grammy and Papa and his adopted grandparents, Robert and Maudine, plus his girlfriends down the street, his friends at the park and toddler time, and the ladies at Publix, Fred's and Goody's that all love to see him.
Now to the 5?s Friday---

1. What is the most physically painful thing that has ever happened to you?
Well aside from the obvious answer of childbirth--I would have to say getting my leg bitten by a horse (not either of my own by the way). Not your usual bite mind you, this one was a doozy. It occurred on my mid thigh and tore the muscle right off the bone. I still have a dent and have no feeling in that spot on my leg.
2. How much sleep do you get at night?

It varies how much sleep I get. I go to bed about 11:00 and I get up during the week at 6:15. Thankfully Colton has pretty much been a great sleeper. He goes to bed at 7:30 and we don't hear a peep out of him until I go wake him up during the week or he wakes up at about 7:30 on the weekends. I myself am an awful sleeper. I can fall asleep relatively well, but I can't stay asleep. I will wake up about 15 times a night and sometimes can not fall back asleep. There are been nights when I was awake all night. I have made many middle of the night trips to Wal-Mart and let me tell you, some REALLY interesting people are in Wal-Mart at 3 in the morning.
3. How long did you believe in Santa Claus? How did you find out that he does not exist?

I think I was maybe 8 when I stopped believing he was real. Honestly I don't really remember the actual time. I think I figured it out my own, but wouldn't put it past my sister to tell me. We still "celebrate" Santa and still got stockings well into our 20s. Now that there are kids involved, we mainly just do stockings for them.
4. What was the last movie you saw in a theater?

It has been soooo long since I have seen a movie in the theater. I am going to say the last time I saw a movie in a theater was Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. It might have been the last Twlight movie. I can't remember.
5. What do you wear to bed?

In the summer, tanks and boxers. In the winter, long sleeved tees and sleep pants and socks. I don't like nightgowns, they are too drafty and I get all wrapped up in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails