Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Kinda sad

It is kinda sad for me think about Colton growing up without really knowing his extended family. Obviously, he knows my mom and dad since they watch him Monday-Friday. But he really doesn't know any of aunts or uncle or cousins. I hear people talking about their families getting together and doing things, or family members coming to visit. Granted my sister and nieces live in NY and with both of them in school and ballet and whatnot, it is hard for them to come down and I haven't been up there either--which is my fault. I just always felt like I missed out on a lot because I don't know my extended family either. I don't know my cousins very well. One of them, I have maybe seen three or four times in 33 years. Your family is the ones that rally around you in hard times or when you need support, and I just feel that Colton is missing out on all that. Maybe I am wrong--

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way. I don't have much family, but my husband has a HUGE family. That's one of the things I liked about him when we first met, and I was excited to move near his family when we decided to have a baby. Go figure they all live within 15 minutes of us, but we never see them. It makes me so sad for my daughter. I just try extra hard myself to make up for the people she's missing out on. And I guess she really doesn't know what she's missing anyway!

    Hopefully one day our children will just be thankful for the things they DO have, rather than dwell on the things they don't. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails