Monday, April 18, 2011

Weekend wrap-up

His picture with the "Easter Bunny".  We had taken him to the mall after lunch on Saturday and they had a "real" Easter bunny there.  He went up and shook his hand, but did not want to sit in his lap.  I saw at Wal-Mart where you could take them and have their pictures made--I thought it was going to be a "real" bunny as well, but it wasn't.  It turned out all right and we got a really cute shot.

 Out for a Saturday drive before "picking up" the girls for the Easter egg hunt.
 Colton and his basket.
 Checking out the "purple people" before the hunt.
 I loved their baskets.
 Sophie and Colton ready to go.
 Colton showing Annabelle his balloon.
The girls hunting for eggs.

The Easter egg hunt went well.  The only problem was that they threw the eggs out in the field and for some reason, the ants attacked them.  There were fire ants crawling all over the eggs so every time they went to pick up an egg, ants got ants on them.  I tried and blow all the ants off before he put them in his basket, but I still had ants crawling all around.  After the hunt, we went with Christina, Adam and the girls to eat at Cracker Barrel.  That was fun!!

  Yesterday after church he had his picture made and after he got up from his nap, we went down to the river.  He wanted to go dig in the sand since he had gotten a new "digger".  Once we got there, he played in the sand a little while, but decided he wanted to play in the water more.  I hadn't put in a swimsuit, so I just took off his shirt and underwear and he played in his shorts.  At least that way when he was done, he had a dry shirt and underwear to wear home!!

4 comments:

  1. I love the Easter basket! It is so cute! Looks like they had fun at the egg hunt... too bad for the ants.

    You are so lucky to live where it's warm enough to go swimming right now. It was below freezing this morning when I got up. There's no snow on the ground thankfully but it's still way too cold for mid-April. I hope it warms up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures, so cute! Happy that you had a fun weekend. We are doing egg hunts next weekend, and I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me very excited for Easter this sunday as Im doing my first hunt for my little boy!!
    Those photos are cute and I don't blame him for not wanting to sit on a random lap! lol

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails