Monday, March 28, 2011

Weekend wrap-up

  • The transition to "big boy" bed is going well.  Much better than I thought it would.  On Friday night, he started crying about 10:30 so I went in to see what was wrong, and he was standing by his bed.  I am not sure if he fell out of bed or got out of bed.  I layed him back down, gave him his binky and he went back to sleep and when I went in to get him, he was still in his bed.  I went on Saturday and bought one of those foam Noodle pool toys and cut it to the exact length of his mattress.  I put it under the sheet and made my own bed rail (the one that came with the toddler bed in maybe a foot long at best).  It seemed to work as kind of a bumper to help him stay in bed.
  • Mom and I were out shopping for Colton some "play" shorts and shirts and summer PJs and we saw one of those Zorb balls that you get in and roll around.  It said ages 5+, but we got it anyway.  OH MY LORD it took FOREVER to blow it up.  You could use an air compressor.  You have to blow up individual panels by mouth and there was probably 25-30 that we had to blow up.  We finally got it done after about an hour and a half.  Of course Colton loved it and rolled around in it for a while.  I took some pictures of him playing in it.

  • Since Colton can get out of bed now, I went and got some of the doorknob covers to keep him in his room and out of the bathroom.  Well on Friday evening, I went in to take a bath.  I closed the door behind me (like I also do) and I could hear Colton come in the room.  He tried to open the door, which of course he couldn't.  He started saying "mama" and was crying at the door.  His crying progressed and then it quit and I heard THUD.  I opened the door just about the same time Steve came in and Colton was lying on the floor COMPLETELY OUT COLD.  As you may (or may not) recall, wen he cries really hard sometimes he cries in so much that he passes out.  Normally I am right there within a matter of seconds to blow in his face and make him catch his breath.  Well this time I wasn't and down he went.  I scooped him up and his face was completely blue and his eyes were rolled back in his head.  Of course I knew that once he passed out, he would start breathing again and he would come back around.  It took maybe a minute and then his little eyes opened up and he looked at me and started whimpering so I knew he was fine. 
He has his evaluation with a speech therapist today.  I had him evaluated through EI, but their main focus is on motor skills and cognitive thinking and not so much speech.  Unfortunately the closet therapist is an hour away from us, but I want to know what they have to say.  If I have to take him once a week, then so be it. 


  1. OMG! That would scare the ___ out of me. You're so calm!

  2. Hi, I found you on the Boost My Blog Friday hop and now I'm a new follower. If you get a chance hop over and say HI at

    That zorb ball is AWESOME!



Related Posts with Thumbnails