Monday, December 20, 2010
About 10 minutes after I posted on Friday, I get a call from the Primary Care Center saying that Steve shows all the signs of an appendicitis. SO I go pick him up and off to the ER we go. We got there about 10 and they took us right back and then we waited, and waited and WAITED. Finally after bloodwork and a CAT scan, they decided that he did indeed have an appendicitis and he would be going over to surgery to have it taken out. At 5:00, we went in and by 5:45 the surgeon came out to tell me everything went well and he was in recovery. I stayed with him until about 8:00 and then I left to come home to relive Mom who had taken Colton home and put him to bed. We went and picked him up on Saturday morning and he is doing fine. They were able to get the appendix laproscopically so he only has three small incisions. With Christmas being this week, hopefully it will be a calm and slow week!!