Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas has come and gone

Well Christmas has come and gone for another year. It was great and whirlwind. Starting Christmas Eve, they let us off early for a change--which was good so that we could eat and make it to church on time. The service started at 6. There was not going to be any nursery for the service so at first I was just going to leave Colton with Steve, but then we saw Father Don at Publix and he said it was a short service meant for families and that his granddaughter was going to be there. She is 11 months old so I figured it would be all right for Colton to go. Well he was the only little kid there!!! He did all right. I kept feeding him Cheerios when he would get antsy. I didn't lose him down the aisle and he did a little "singing" of his own. Got home and changed him into his Christmas jammies and went right to sleep. We got up about 7:30 and I got dressed and we went over to Mom and Dad's house to open gifts. I kept him in his PJs so I could get pictures. He saw what "Santa" brought him and the look was priceless. He wasn't used to seeing anything under the tree. He really liked his slide and he named his rocking horse "Bud". He also liked his cellphone and set of keys. He got some books from my sister and a set of wooden puzzles that have a case as well. By about 9:15 or so, he had about enough excitement so Steve actually went and put him down to take his nap. Never has he done that before!!! He slept until about 11:30 and then I got him up to eat lunch. My aunt Julie, Chris and Chris' daughter were coming over from Fort Walton Beach and they got there about 1:30. He played with them for a while and then went back down for afternoon nap. When he got up we opened gifts from them. They got him a big CAT ride on dump truck that he really liked as well as a VTech helicopter.
There is always so much build-up and preparation for Christmas and then it just flies by. Hard to believe that at Christmas last year he was only 2 1/2 weeks old. I can't wait until next year when he will even enjoy it even more!! I really wish I could stay at home with him as I feel as though his life is flying by and I am missing it all. I hope everyone had a happy and safe holiday and I am looking forward to see what 2010 holds for all of us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails