Thursday, August 12, 2010

What a week it has been!!!

It has been a while since I have blogged. With this past week I have had, it is lucky I am awake and functioning.
Colton has decided to hit the "terrible twos" early. He has always been a wild man, but lately his favorite word is "NO" and he has become very willful. If you try and take something away, he says "NO" and makes a protesting sound. He has spent a lot of time in time-out lately. Sometimes if he does something that is "naughty", he will go get his time-out chair and sit in the hall ready for you to start the timer. This morning he was expectionally cranky and/or whiny. I am not sure what is up with that.
On Tuesday, I took Steve to the hospital for his hip replacement. We got there at 9:30 and his surgery was at 12:30. They took him back almost immediately and I sat and waited until they came and got me. They came about an hour later and I sat in the pre-op room with him until he was ready to go down and get prepped for surgery. His surgery started at 12:45 and he was done by 2:30. He went into recovery and I waited, and waited and waited. finally at 5:00 they said that I could go back and see him. I only got to stay 15 minutes and then I had to go back out to t he waiting room. The problem was that they didn't have a room ready for him yet. I went and got something to eat and finally at 7:00 they took him to his room. I stayed in there about an hour and then I left to drive home (an hour away) and relive Mom who had Colton all day of course and then she had taken him back to our house and put him to bed. I got home a little after 9 and I was exhausted. Of course it was one of those times when you are so overtired that you can't sleep, so I was awake most of the night.
Wednesday I went to work and had planned to take Colton down to Gainesville so Steve could see him and we could visit. When the doctor came and talked to me after the surgery, he said that he would be in the hospital 3 or 4 days. Well when we got to the hospital, Steve decided he was ready to come home and they released him!!!! He was NO WHERE NEAR ready to come home. He was still in a lot of pain, he can't go to the bathroom by himself and he had major surgery a little over 24 hours ago. Of course Colton was having none of being still while we waited for his discharge papers. He kept pushing buttons and running around down the hall. He took Steve's walker and was pushing it up and down the hall. I took him to get some dinner thinking that when we got back, Steve would be ready to go--which he wasn't for almost an hour. Finally they released him, with no pain pills to take with him at all.
Last night he was still in a lot of pain and he went in to go to the bathroom and was stuck on the toilet for an hour and half!!! I was asleep and I said to him this morning, why didn't you wake me up and he said that he dozed off and his legs feel asleep. He was in so much pain this morning that he was sweating. I came in to work and then left to get his prescriptions filled and I will take them to him at lunch.
I am ready for about a week long nap--which of course I WILL NOT GET. I have two babies to take care of when I get home :O)


  1. I hope he recovers quickly!

    Tyler's favorite word right now is Go. Its his way of telling you to leave him alone. What are we going to do with these boys:)

  2. I hope your husband is feeling better by now. My husband was sent home quite early after several same-day surgeries...I was appalled at his inability to even walk 2 feet, let alone walk to the bathroom or tend to his needs in any way. I understand what you are going through...hugs.



Related Posts with Thumbnails